Phu Quoc Night Market in the southern province of Kien Giang has remained largely deserted because of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. After the first wave of Covid-19 was brought under control in Vietnam, Phu Quoc Island received large flows of tourists in June and July. Visitors at Phu Quoc Night Market in June. According to the provincial Department of Tourism, tourists to the province increased by 4.9% on-year in July and 75.4% against June. Visitors to Phu Quoc Island alone grew by 29% on-year. However, since the Covid-19 outbreak in Danang by the end of July, the visitor number to Kien Giang has sharply dropped. So, up to 80% of stalls at Phu Quoc Night Market have been suspended since then. Just a small number of the market stalls are still open, but attract just a few customers. On Bach Dang Street, only several seafood restaurants remain open but lure almost no customers. A representative from Huy Bao Restaurant said that it cost the restaurants more than VND200 million (USD8,695) per month, excluding wages for 20 staff. According to Phan Trung Danh, managing head of the market, amid the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, many traders had temporarily closed their… Read full this story
- Jeju Air opens Seoul - Phu Quoc flights
- InterContinental Phu Quoc great for summer escape
- How to ensure you get a good night's sleep amid all the Christmas stress
- Minh Phu Corp reveals ambitious plans upon return to stock exchange
- Agri Commodities: Coriander, guar seed, guar gum fall in futures trade amid weak demand
- Agri Commodities: Soybean, soya oil, mustard decline in futures trade amid low demand
- Base Metals: Copper, zinc, lead trade up in futures amid strong demand
- China shares eke out mild gains amid cautious trade optimism
- FOREX-Dollar keeps safe-haven bid amid trade 'headline fatigue'
- Precious Metals: Gold, silver ease in futures trade amid weak demand
Phu Quoc Night Market deserted amid pandemic have 318 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.