Incentivized by attractive offers and a low barrier to entry, ‘shippers’ — the localized term for motorbike delivery workers in Vietnam — are flocking to work for food delivery apps. Over the danger of unemployment, these workers would rather face the risks involved with their job any day. Dread of no-shows The shippers’ presence can be felt immediately in urban areas such as Ho Chi Minh City, where public landscapes are adorned with motorbike riders in brightly-colored uniforms that represent the brand they are working for. Viet Tam, a 28-year-old shipper from Binh Thanh District of Ho Chi Minh City, is still visibly upset talking about an incident that happened a month ago. On that day, he received an order for VND800,000 (US$35) worth of cakes from a high-end bakery. As stipulated by the delivery procedure, Tam needed to pay the full price for the order at the bakery’s end before collecting it — with a delivery fee added — from the customer. The customer, who did confirm his order via phone call prior to the delivery, vanished without a trace when Tam reached out to him to deliver the cakes. “I was so shocked I couldn’t even drive, since the amount… Read full this story
- From ordering more Biryani to food-delivery for date nights, here's a look at food moods of India
- Food-delivery service Doordash is now serving customers in all 50 states
- Food delivery boy booked for beating stray dog to death
- The Neuroscience of Planning and Navigating Your Daily Life
- Learn How To Incorporate Essential Oils Into Your Daily Life
- Sunil Grover Earned Rs 500 A Month Before Playing Gutthi; Reveals How Radio Show Changed His Life!
- ‘Fear and Distrust’: Red Cross Workers Come Under Attack as Ebola Spreads in Congo
- How To Be An Effective Minimalist In Your Daily Life
- ’s ‘Playtest’ Brings Fear to Life
- Javadekar Says Indian Studies Don't Show Link Between Life Expectancy & Pollution; ICMR Data Proves Otherwise
No-shows and other fears: Daily life of food delivery workers in Vietnam have 334 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.