Many photographers are concerned that their work is being used unethically. — Photo nld.com.vn HCM CITY — A professional organisation that protects the right of local photographers is badly needed as copyright infringement of photos has become increasingly sophisticated, experts have said. The HCM City Photography Association recently drafted a petition on the issue of copyright infringement in photography and sent it to authorities in an effort to prevent copyright violations. More than 450 members of the association signed the petition and requested authorities to be more mindful when it comes to approving photographic images of art performances on LED screens, which are often used for advertising. According to Người Lao Động (The Labourer) newspaper, photo piracy has become very sophisticated. Many social media users, communication agencies and art performances have taken photos from Google or photographers’ Facebook pages for personal use without permission. Various consumer products, advertising sites, online newspapers and printed leaflets promoting fashion, tourism and food have even used copyrighted photos for commercial purposes. As the 2021 calendar season market is now kicking off, photo privacy will occur more frequently. “There are clients that pay for one-time use of my photos, but they continue using them multiple times,” photographer Nguyễn Á said. Photographer Phan Thông Anh added that there are cases in… Read full this story
- Miley Cyrus is facing a $300 million copyright infringement lawsuit over her hit song ‘We Can’t Stop’
- Superman Is Dead's JRX accuses Via Vallen of copyright infringement
- Star Citizen Dev Being Sued By Crytek Over Breach Of Contract And Copyright Infringement
- A gamer who made and sold cheat software for ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ now owes the game’s creators $150,000 for copyright infringement
- Tillerson says C. Americans, Haitians don’t need protected status: report
- PlayerUnknown on copyright infringement: 'There's no intellectual property protection in games'
- Casual government workers need protection
- Call to hire only local cooks needs to be studied
- Thick skins and local savvy needed in China’s bad debt markets
- Local firms need to innovate to have competitive edge globally: Koh Poh Koon
Local photographers need protection from copyright infringement have 356 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.