An infant who survived an abortion at 31 weeks pregnant has made a full recovery after being hospitalized for more than two months in Hanoi, doctors said on Sunday. The baby was taken to Xanh Pon Hospital in Ba Dinh District by a group of volunteers at around 8:00 pm on July 4, only 30 minutes after being aborted, said Dr. Thai Bang Giang, head of the neonatology department at Xanh Pon. The volunteers named the newborn Nguyen Binh An. An was aborted at 31 weeks pregnant, only eight weeks before a full-term birth, and weighed only 1.6 kilograms, according to Dr. Giang. An was admitted to the hospital suffering from cyanosis due to cardiac arrest, apnea, and circulation discontinuation. An’s heartbeat returned after doctors performed emergency treatment and put the baby on a ventilator. The baby was given high frequency ventilation (HFV) for the next five days and showed signs of improvement. After over two months and one week of treatment, the baby now weighs 2.6 kilograms, with a healthy complexion and the ability to breathe unassisted, Dr. Giang said. An was also lucky not to suffer from permanent eyesight damage, which often affects premature newborns weighing less than… Read full this story
- Mississippi federal judge says the state's six-week abortion ban "smacks of defiance to this court"
- Danielle Lloyd shows off post-baby body one week after giving birth
- Trapped Chinese miners' note reveals at least half of them are alive a week after explosion
- Jenson Button’s wife Brittny Ward reveals incredible post-baby body two-weeks after giving birth in emotional post
- Why Andrew Cuomo Faces Lawsuit Over New York's Abortion Law
- Americans for Life on Roe v. Wade Anniversary: ‘Truth Will Prevail over Horror of Abortion’
- First-time mum, 37, describes the moment she first held her still-born 'miracle IVF baby' - and why she will try and achieve her dream of starting a family again after the devastating loss
- Can Biden and Democrats Protect Abortion Rights From Trump’s Judges?
- Meghan Trainor looks ethereal in new pregnancy photo while revealing her baby is 'breech again' at 36 weeks: 'We're ready to meet this baby'
- Mum of baby treated in hospital for Covid warns of mottled skin and vomiting symptoms
Hanoi doctors keep baby alive after 31-week abortion have 377 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.