An infant who survived an abortion at 31 weeks pregnant has made a full recovery after being hospitalized for more than two months in Hanoi, doctors said on Sunday. The baby was taken to Xanh Pon Hospital in Ba Dinh District by a group of volunteers at around 8:00 pm on July 4, only 30 minutes after being aborted, said Dr. Thai Bang Giang, head of the neonatology department at Xanh Pon. The volunteers named the newborn Nguyen Binh An. An was aborted at 31 weeks pregnant, only eight weeks before a full-term birth, and weighed only 1.6 kilograms, according to Dr. Giang. An was admitted to the hospital suffering from cyanosis due to cardiac arrest, apnea, and circulation discontinuation. An’s heartbeat returned after doctors performed emergency treatment and put the baby on a ventilator. The baby was given high frequency ventilation (HFV) for the next five days and showed signs of improvement. After over two months and one week of treatment, the baby now weighs 2.6 kilograms, with a healthy complexion and the ability to breathe unassisted, Dr. Giang said. An was also lucky not to suffer from permanent eyesight damage, which often affects premature newborns weighing less than… Read full this story
- Mississippi's 15-Week Abortion Ban Ruled Unconstitutional by Appeals Court, Protecting State's Only Open Clinic
- Mississippi 15-week abortion ban is blocked by appeals court
- Mother reveals her fury after 'doctors tried to make her abort her baby at full-term because he had Down's syndrome'
- Federal appeals court blocks Mississippi 15-week abortion ban, calls it unconstitutional
- Judge says family can keep 10-month-old 'terminally ill' baby Tinslee Lewis alive for another three weeks after family fought hospital's decision to remove her from life support
- REVEALED: Indiana abortion doctor preserved 2,200 fetuses in sealed plastic bags filled with chemicals for nearly 20 YEARS as police urge the women he treated to come forward to try to match them to the remains
- 'He's nothing short of a miracle': Baby who doctors said would suffer brain damage after he was born 13 weeks early weighing just 1lb 8oz is healthy and set to celebrate his first Christmas
- How To Protect Your Baby's Teeth During Pregnancy?
- 'He was the size of a can of Coke': Mother, 34, who gave birth to her baby boy at just 23 weeks reveals how her son miraculously defied the odds to survive
- Mississippi vows further appeal after loss on abortion ban
Hanoi doctors keep baby alive after 31-week abortion have 405 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.