Police in Ho Chi Minh City have apprehended five members of a gang that staged traffic accidents to steal property worth more than VND220 million (US$9,500) from victims. Officers under the municipal Department of Police confirmed on Tuesday they had captured and initiated legal proceedings against Tran Viet Vinh, 53, Tran Thanh Hung, 47, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thom, 32, Do Thanh Son, 41, and Nguyen Hoai An, 34. The five suspects were caught red-handed staging a road accident with the intent to steal from their victims near the intersection of Nguyen Trai and Ngo Quyen Streets in District 5 on September 4. At the police station, the five claimed they had staged six road crashes to steal from multiple people across Ho Chi Minh City since May 13. The stolen property is estimated to be worth more than VND220 million. Further investigation is ongoing. According to Vietnam’s Penal Code, stealing property worth from VND200 million ($8,600) to under VND500 million ($21,500) is punishable by seven to 15 years in prison. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- Six-year-old boy struck by car in Co Derry dies in hospital as one man is arrested in connection to fatal road accident
- Watch the eerie moment ‘woman’s soul leaves her body’ at scene of fatal road accident
- Young woman charged with causing death of GAA player in 2012 Co Monaghan road accident is released on bail
- India has the highest number of road accidents in the world
- Tributes pour in as young Irish mum who died in road accident is named locally
- Dad, 24, died in a ‘road accident’ during Budapest stag do after getting separated from pals, reports claim
- Schoolboy, 8, loses fight for life after he was seriously injured in road accident a week ago
- Road accidents fall as injury claims and premiums soar thanks to ambulance-chasing lawyers
- Boy, 9, pulls mum and sister from road accident — after learning what to do from watching Casualty on TV
- Hedgehog left the size of a beachball with a punctured lung after a road accident and his rescuers have named him Zeppelin
Five arrested for staging road accidents to steal from victims in Saigon have 355 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.