Just a short stroll from a provincial road lies Teng Village in mountainous Ba To District in the central province of Quang Ngai , the tranquil home of 200 families from the H’Re ethnic minority and a centre of brocade-making for generations. Cement and bricks have gradually replaced timber as housing, but the brocade craft has survived from the efforts of a group of both young and old artisans. She has been among the leading young artisans aiming to see brocade become a profitable tourism product since the H’Re craft was recognised as a national intangible heritage in 2019. “The craft is a gift of life given by a mother,” Sung said. “All women learn how to make brocade, which is a dowry for marriage. Most young H’Re girls spend their childhood near a portable loom.” The trade has been preserved by four generations of her family and still provides a livelihood in the poor farming village. Craftswomen have maintained the skill but cotton and natural dye are no longer found locally. “Land is now reserved for acacia trees, which are an easy way to make money in hilly terrain, while natural dye, made from roots in the jungle, is… Read full this story
- Is the Harman Kardon Allure really alluring?
- Weaving holidays aren’t just for the handloom hunter
- Look away now Chris! Elsa Pataky appears in steamy scene with a shirtless tattooed hunk as she plays an alluring siren in Netflix mini-series Tidelands
- Living Large: Long Island Or Lake Como? Travel Back In Time With Italian Elegance
- Big Daddy Weave, Ozzy Osbourne & More Live Events Coming To Lemon Grove
- A taste of the Mekong Delta in elegant setting
- In resisting the allure of a killer's good looks, 'Preppy Murder' series restores some dignity to his victim
- Big Daddy Weave, Ozzy Osbourne & More Live Events Coming To La Mesa-Mount Helix
- The Dark Allure of
- A local’s guide to Cádiz, Spain: 10 top tips
Elegant weaving of local allure have 337 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.