Unlike the bustling atmosphere in previous years in craft villages making fishing gears, namely Thom Rom fishing-net village in Thot Not District in Can Tho City, Lai Vung fishing-net village, and the crab trap village in Hong Ngu Town in Dong Thap Province, this year, most of the activities are quite subdued. Mr. Nguyen Van Ghi in Binh Thanh Commune of Hong Ngu Town in Dong Thap Province, one of the households with the tradition of making bamboo-crab traps, said that floods from the upstream were late this year and were at a lower level than the average of many years, so the fishing season in the upstream has just begun. Therefore, the consumption in fishing-tool craft villages is not as high as that in previous years. According to Mr. Ghi, in this area, when floods arrive, craft villages are often bustling. Every year, to prepare for the making of bamboo crab traps, around March, farmers start to buy bamboo for sizing and drying. All materials are ready by June and July when farmers start to make bamboo crab traps upon orders. He has to go to Hong Ngu District to select each old bamboo tree to make quality crab… Read full this story
- East Coast is hit with tornado and flood warnings: Nearly 1 million people in 14 states left without power as wind gusts down power lines, damage homes and cause huge delays at Newark
- Pacquiao returns to help flood victims
- Pacquiao comes to aid of flood victims
- Poinsettia Bowl a go despite flooding
- Poinsettia Bowl to go on despite flooding
- Gourmet Dinner wins Delta Downs Jackpot
- Rutgers moves forward with Flood
- Organizers reveal details about Super Bowl Village
- Athletes prep for sex in the village?
- Craft, Thomas back to lead young Buckeyes
Craft villages in Mekong Delta wait for floods have 305 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.