Many special products, including flora and fauna, in Vietnam often surprise foreign visitors. Here are a few: The insect that lives for a few hours, a famous specialty of Hanoi’s Red River The insect called vo vo. Photo: Duong Manh Cuong (Dan Viet). There is a strange insect in Hanoi’s Red River, which only lives a few hours. This kind of insect can be processed into unforgettable dishes. The insect is expensive, priced millions of VND per kilo. Few people know about the insect, which is called “vo vo”, as they live on the riverbed and only rise to the surface for a few hours to molt in the early morning. This is one of the shortest-lived species of insect as they live only for a few hours. It is a special kind of creature that gives birth only once a year. Starting from larvae, they grow to become small dragons, then molting out and dying soon after that to float on the river. This insect can be processed into delicious dishes. Due to its scarcity, the price for vo vo is very high, up to millions of VND per kilo. Bo guava – rare specialty of Thai Binh Province… Read full this story
- Latest coronavirus news in Vietnam & Southeast Asia (updated hourly)
- Latest coronavirus news in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 12
- King Crimson’s ’21st Century Schizoid Man’: Inside Prog’s Big Bang
- The Best-Case Scenario for Coronavirus Is That It’s Way More Infectious Than We Think
- Roundup: ASEAN leaders prioritize pandemic control as Asia-Pacific countries witness growing COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus latest: German easing of lockdown to start with schools on May 4
Vietnam’s unusual and special products have 291 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.