Lieutenant General Ngo Minh Tien, Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army, made the statement on the sidelines of the ongoing Army Games 2020, which was kicked off at the Patriot Park, Moscow, Russia, on August 23.
General Tien also reaffirmed the importance of bilateral defense ties in the Vietnam-Russia relationship. He said that the Army Games 2020 is part of the practical defense activities that contribute to the success of the Vietnam-Russia Cross-Year 2019-2020 and mark the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic ties between the two countries (1950-2020).
|Lieutenant General Ngo Minh Tien|
Authorized by the Prime Minister, the Central Military Commission and Ministry of National Defense decided to send a delegation of troops to compete in the Army Games 2020 hosted by the Russian Minister of Defense. This year, the Vietnam People’s Army sent its largest-ever number of teams and troops to the games.
According to General Tien, the Vietnamese participants have strictly observed military discipline of the Vietnam People’s Army, laws of the host country, and the games’ regulations. With their determination and good preparations for the games, Tien strongly believes that the Vietnamese team will achieve higher results than that of previous editions.
General Tien also said that the Army Games 2020 is an opportunity for Vietnamese officers to demonstrate their combat readiness capabilities and exchange experiences with their international peers.
Reporters from the People’s Army Newspaper
Translated by Tran Hoai
- From elections to lethal weapons: Top areas to watch in Canada-Ukraine relations in 2019
- The National Army neutralized about 400 explosive objects in 2018
- Russian ambassador: Estonian-Russian relations not currently at their best
- Igor Dodon’s declarations – aimed to fortify the partnership with Russia or to promote hatred and confusion in the Moldovan society?
- Prof: Western Sanctions Will Certainly Damage Russia As Well As West
- Year in Review: Skripal Case Becomes Spark to Reignite Anti-Russia Campaign
- Ukrainian political prisoner Klykh in Russia feels worse over suspected cancer – acting health minister
- Allies stunned, Russia delighted from Trump’s decision to withdraw from Syria
- Allies stunned, Russia delighted at Trump’s decision to withdraw from Syria
- Russia plays power broker as US-Taliban talks gather steam
- Temporary infrastructure for 2nd European Games discussed on 29 December
- The 25 biggest and best upcoming games in 2019
Vietnam’s participation in Army Games 2020 promotes relations with Russia have 366 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.