Expats Blog Vietnam’s domestic moment By Richard McClellan(*) Sunday, Aug 2, 2020,12:10 (GMT+7) Vietnam’s domestic momentBy Richard McClellan(*) A biology class at a school in HCMC. Vietnam’s 100 million strong are young and rapidly maturing in every conceivable way: in educational attainment, in entrepreneurial spirit, in financial acumen and access to capital, and so on – PHOTOS: THANH HOA Editor’s note: The author of this article, an American business and policy strategist providing services primarily for the private sector, argues that although foreign direct investment in Vietnam has hit a snag because of Covid-19, it may not be disastrous for the country. It is time, he says, to bring the private sector into full play and “serve Vietnamese customers with Vietnamese products, services, and ideas.” I recently took a taxi to the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC. Halfway there, the driver confirmed whether I would go to the domestic terminal, and I laughed to myself, thinking “well, nobody’s going to the international one!” But as we made the final approach even I was shocked at the contrast. To the left was the typical line of traffic for the domestic terminal, stretching perhaps a half mile. To the right, the ramp leading to… Read full this story
- Vietnam Readies for Tentative Economic Rebound as Coronavirus Caseload Stays Low
- Asia Coffee-Coronavirus fears weigh on prices in Vietnam
- Seafood enterprises propose financial solutions during pandemic
- Practical manoeuvres to glide over choppy waters
- Positive cases 33: state bans tours, expands testing
- Europe locks down 100million: Germany and Poland tighten border controls, France puts limits on public transport and Slovakia declares state of emergency as continent's virus death toll soars towards 2,000
- Getting Out Of Afghanistan
- Markets press to regain momentum
- Reality kicks in... Premier League stars are training with VR headsets to keep themselves sharp during coronavirus shutdown, and our reporter was run ragged by Kylian Mbappe after giving the tech a try!
- ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ ’$130M Overseas Bow Is #1, But Not Royal; ‘Aladdin’ Still A Prince & ‘Rocketman’ A Madman Across The Water – International Box Office
Vietnam’s domestic moment have 358 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.