The Vietnamese foreign ministry said deploying weapons and fighter jets to the Paracels not only violates Vietnam's sovereignty but also complicates the situation in the East Sea.
Vietnam has voiced objection to China deploying one of its modern bombers to Hoang Sa (Paracel) islands, saying that the act has violated the former's sovereignty and jeopardized stability in the South China Sea.
Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the press meeting on August 20, Hanoi. Photo: Minh Tuan
Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said made the protest on Thursday during a regular press briefing in response to a request for comment on the alleged dispatch of China's Xian H-6J jet to Phu Lam (Woody) Island, part of Vietnam's Hoang Sa islands.
|A H-6 strategic bomber. Photo: eng.chinamil.com.cn|
US-based The Drive earlier this month posted photos circulated on social media indicating that at least one H-6J bomber was seen landed on the Paracels. This was the first time the bomber has been deployed on the island.
- China Sends Military to Intercept U.S. Navy in South China Sea As Tensions Rise
- U.S. Military Tests Russia at Sea Days After Warning From China
- China builds new platform on reef in South China Sea, satellite photos show
- How U.S.-China tensions could get a lot worse
- US Navy ship sails near disputed islands in South China Sea
- Where Will U.S. Go to War Next? China, Iran, North Korea Among Top Concerns for 2019, Report Shows
- China Drops Its Own 'Mother Of All Bombs,' Reports Say
- Why One Philippine Island Can’t Get Enough of Martial Law
- Tough South China Sea talks ahead as Vietnam seeks to curb China's actions
- China’s Xi visits Philippines to deepen ties with U.S. ally
- Chinese General Hopes Military Will Take Back Taiwan Before Next Generation's Hair Turns Gray
- George H.W. Bush, president with deep Maine connections, dies at 94
Vietnam protests China’s bomber deployment to Paracel islands have 330 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.