The recall covers 2,568 Toyota Vios cars assembled in Vietnam between September 2007 and December 2008, and 145 imported Toyota Corolla cars produced between January 2004 and April 2005, according to a statement submitted by the automaker to the Vietnam Register.The inflator canister in these vehicles can be penetrated by humidity. In some crashes, the activation of the airbag can break the inflator into pieces. These pieces can be pushed through the inflated airbag, causing serious damage to users, Toyota Vietnam said.Customers can bring their vehicles for a free replacement of the faulty parts at Toyota dealers. The replacement should take up to 1.5 hours. The recall will run until August 2022.In 2018, Toyota Vietnam recalled more than 11,300 cars with similar airbag faults.
- Nissan Files Recall for Faulty Airbag Sensors
- Collision course: why are cars killing more and more pedestrians?
- AutoNation criticized for selling used cars under recall
- Automobile sales in Vietnam can set new record in 2019
- Over 100 electric cars ready to serve tourists on Quan Lan island
- Japanese Automakers Recall More than 3 Million for Air Bag Defects
- Toyota's Woes Likely To Grow as Product Liability Lawsuits Develop
- News24.com | EXCLUSIVE | Expert finds no acceleration in last 5 seconds before Watson's car hit pillar
- Car makers to leave the handbrakes off in future as Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes and Porsche all switch to electronic devices
- The family of passenger, 78, who died after car crash with Venus Williams is suing government agencies over 'preventable' accident by saying there should have been road signs
Toyota Vietnam recalls 2,700 cars over faulty airbags have 259 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.