Illustration by Trinh Lập by Nguyễn Mỹ Hà We all knew a second wave of COVID-19 was coming, the only question, really, was when. It turned out to be last weekend, with the coronavirus finding its way to Đà Nẵng, a beach city of 1.1 million people in the middle of the country, which was dubbed “the most liveable city in Việt Nam” a few years ago. The first of the new COVID-19 patients, number 416, tested positive three times on July 25: twice at the local Centre for Disease Control (CDC) facility and once at the Nha Trang Pasteur Institute. But it took two more tests at the Hà Nội Pasteur Institute for the Ministry of Health to declare him a patient. It was a new strain of the virus not encountered before in Việt Nam, the ministry announced two days later. Fifteen or more cases now constitute the rightly-concerning second wave, including patients and their relatives and four health workers at three Đà Nẵng hospitals. One of the relatives had, unfortunately, returned to his hometown in Quảng Ngãi Province by bus before testing positive. Đà Nẵng went back into lockdown from noon on July 28. An estimated… Read full this story
- Teenage girls who use social media three times a day 'are more likely to have anxiety because they get less sleep, exercise and are exposed to cyber bullying'
- Donald Trump and Australian PM Scott Morrison mark '100 years of Mateship' as president hosts just his SECOND state visit after more than two years in the White House
- Spain's ruling Socialists are poised to win the country's second general election of the year but will be even further away from a majority than before, early results suggest
- Charles Rogers, second overall pick in 2003 NFL draft, dies aged 38
- Sean Spicer Credits Breitbart Audience for Stay on DWTS: That’s What’s Carrying Me Through’
- 'We just don't know how many are dead': 10,000 people who stayed in Florida Keys to brave Hurricane Irma 'now have no water, food or power' amid fears of a 'humanitarian crisis' - but deadly storm is now downgraded to Category One
- Looking After Your Children Is Necessary, But Mothers Should Have Their ‘Me Time’ First
- Head of the GRU is in 'ill health' after furious dressing down from Putin about the 'morons' behind the novichok attack - as second spy is revealed to be Russian military doctor
- Slowdown is here to stay and it is very, very real: Nischal Maheshwari, Centrum Broking
- Eggshell Skull: What happens when a sexual assault complainant is strong and angry?
Stay strong, a second time have 446 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.