Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Central Committee, the National Assembly, the President, the Government and the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee have issued a special communiqué, announcing that former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu passed away at 2:52 on August 7, and his funeral will be held as a national mourning. Comrade Le Kha Phieu was born on December 27, 1931 in Dong Khe commune, Dong Son district, the north-central province of Thanh Hoa, and resided at 7/36/C1 Ly Nam De, Cua Dong ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. He started participating in revolutionary activities in 1947, and joined the Communist Party of Vietnam on June 19, 1949. He was member of the Party Central Committee of the 7th and 8th tenures, member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat of the 7th tenure, Politburo member of the 7th and 8th tenures, General Secretary of the Party Central Committee from December 1997 to April 2001; and Deputy to the National Assembly of the 9th and 10th tenures. After a period of illness, despite the wholehearted care by the Party, State, medical group and his family, he passed away at… Read full this story
- Labour party general secretary stands down from position
- Dr Shreeram Lagoo passes away
- Veteran Actor Shreeram Lagoo Passes Away; Rishi Kapoor, Paresh Rawal & Other Celebs Offer Condolences
- Veteran Cinematographer Ramachandra Babu Passes Away
- CPI (M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury slams Modi govt over 'job crisis'
- Musharraf's body to be hanged in Islamabad's D-chowk for 3 days if he passes away before execution
- Mama Cax passes away at 30
- Naagin Star Arjun Bijlani's Mother-In-Law Tanuja Swami Passes Away
- Momentum's Jon Lansman confirms run for Labour general secretary
- 'Unconstitutional' CAA will not be implemented in Congress ruled states: AICC General Secretary K C Venugopal
Special communiqué on former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu’s passing away have 308 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.