Hosted by the Russian Ministry of Defense for the first time in 2015, the Army Games has greatly contributed to strengthening cooperation among participating militaries. It has become a prestigious international event for troops to share experiences with their peers and demonstrate their competence, skills, and stance. "The games has improved its prestige and attraction as more and more countries send their troops to compete in the event," affirmed Colonel Oleg Youshkov.
According to him, in spite of being seriously affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Army Games this year attracts the participation of more than 150 teams from 30 countries. Competitions will take place in Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, and Belarus.
In the context of the rapid spread and danger of the COVID-19, the Russian Ministry of Defense considers ensuring safety for participants its top priority. Particularly, the country requested participating troops to perform 14-day quarantine and test for SARS-CoV-2 three days before entering Russia. As soon as arriving at the airport, participating troops have to submit certificates recognizing that they have completed the quarantine and test negative for SARS-CoV-2.
Before joining competition events, troops to the Army Games 2020 are requested to stay in designated hotels for three days and retested for the COVID-19 using the RT- PCR method by the host country. During the games, any confirmed COVID-19 cases will be completely quarantined and treated until they recover. In addition, participating athletes and spectators are asked to strictly exercise COVID-19 prevention and control regulations, such as regularly wearing facemasks and gloves and washing hands.
Colonel Oleg Youshkov affirmed that all challenges could be effectively handled if all participating teams work together.
This is the third time that the Vietnam People's Army has sent its troops to the event. The number of the Vietnamese teams and participants have increased significantly since its first participation. This year, the Vietnam People's Army sent three new teams, including artillery, service dog, and signal teams, to compete in the games.
The Russian officer said that Russia expects to see more and more Vietnamese teams and officers in subsequent events.
As scheduled, the sixth edition of the Army Games will start on August 23 and last until September 5.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Kim Jong Un Plans Trip to Russia After Meeting With Donald Trump Falls Apart
- Army dangling rewards to pump up enlistments in good economic times
- Russia Is Eyeing Belarus—And It Might Spark a Conflict with the West Far Sooner than Ukraine
- Trump rouses right with prediction of big 2020 presidential victory
- Secretary of Army Mark Esper visits Cleveland in new recruiting plan targeting big cities
- Russia Wants to 'Help' U.S. Troops Exit Afghanistan, 'They Will Have to Leave Sooner or Later'
- Russia Could Deploy Missiles Capable of Targeting 'Whole Territory of European Countries,' Ambassador Warns
- Iranian Hackers Target Trump Campaign as Threats to 2020 Mount
- New fitness test presents challenges for Army GuardYou may also be interested in...
- Russia and China to Get New Ships, Train Together to Challenge U.S. Power at Sea
- Activists Couldn’t Get Facebook to Tackle Its Discrimination Problem—Until the Russia Scandal Hit
- Pompeo Warns Central European Allies Over Russia_ China Ties
Russia appreciates Vietnam’s participation in the Army Games 2020 have 519 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.