Imported pork in first seven months doubled on-year According to statistics published by the Department of Animal Health under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), in the past seven months, 130 Vietnamese businesses imported 93,248 tonnes of pork, up 223 per cent on-year. Regarding breeding pigs, 27 enterprises registered to quarantine 292,590 imported pigs, 15 of which have so far brought in 16,537 animals almost entirely from the US, Canada, Thailand, and Taiwan. As of now, Vietnam allowed more than 800 enterprises from 19 countries to import into Vietnam pork and goods processed from pork. Between June 12 and August 1, 36 traders registered to quarantine 4.7 million pigs imported from Thailand. However, only 75,334 pigs were brought to Vietnam by 15 enterprises to be processed into food. In the morning of August 4, the selling price of pigs was VND87-90,000 ($3.80-3.90) per kilogramme. The African swine fever (ASF), which decimated the pig population across the region in 2019, returned to 235 districts of 44 cities and provinces, forcing farmers and authorities to destroy 39,000 pigs (2,000 tonnes) by the end of July. Phung Duc Tien, deputy minister of the MARD, ensuring biological safety is the most important task for the pig… Read full this story
- NWI Business Ins and Outs: Several new stores open at Southlake Mall
- Merrillville's violence-stricken Rain Ultra Club to be razed, replaced with hotel
- NWI Business Ins and Outs: Ryan's Irish Pub closes, coffees shops and permanent makeup studio opening
- What summer vacation look like in 19 countries around the world
- 'When there's a trend for health, there's one for indulgence'
- WEIMAR: The Truth About History's Most Infamous Hyperinflation Horror Story
- Central bankers around the world are hitting the pause button
- Pig ‘Ebola’ virus sends shock waves through global food chain
- Pig ‘Ebola’ virus raises meat prices around the world
Pork imports double on-year in first seven months have 298 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.