Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc chairs a teleconference with provinces and cities nationwide on COVID-19 prevention and control on Sunday. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc emphasised the spirit of resolutely zoning off pandemic-hit areas and implementing social distancing as well as taking measures to effectively control the COVID-19 pandemic. He made the request at a teleconference with all localities nationwide on Sunday to discuss measures to prevent further spread of the pandemic as new cases increase. The Government leader called for resolve to protect people’s health while preventing negative economic growth, requiring effective management and direction to get people’s support. He noted it is essential to continue mobilising people to take preventive measures such as cleaning hands with soap or hand sanitiser, tracing people at high risk of infection and expanding COVID-19 testing. According to the Ministry of Health’s report, as of 6pm on August 1, after the pandemic resurged in Đà Nẵng from July 24, the number of cases kept increasing and the infection spread very quickly in the community. Within 10 days from July 24, the country recorded more than 200 new cases of COVID-19 and five deaths. On July 31, a single-day… Read full this story
- Deputy PM asks OECD to share experience in fighting corruption
- Cambodian PM renews call on fight against fake news
- PM asks the public for speech ideas ahead of Houston event
- Arun Jaitley opts out of new Modi cabinet citing health reasons; writes to PM asking "reasonable time"
- Explained: Why PM Modi is attending a special climate meet on sidelines of UNGA
- Will John Bercow finish off Theresa May? Fury at 'despot' Speaker as PM's allies admit her fate could rest in his hands after Remainers launch Commons plot to strip powers from government
- Boris Johnson is frontrunner for PM but he'll face the same Brexit nightmare
- Man, 21, is left fighting for his life after he was stabbed in north London's Muswell Hill as police arrest man, 22
- India Opts Out Of RCEP, Amit Shah Lauds PM For Taking Decision In "National Interest"
- Vietnam’s economy stays positive amid global growth slowdown: PM
PM asks for strong measures to fight COVID-19 have 373 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.