Barcelona’s Argentine forward Lionel Messi celebrates after scoring a goal during the UEFA Champions League round of 16 second leg football match between FC Barcelona and Napoli at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona on August 8, 2020. (Photo: LLUIS GENE / AFP) The only surviving former winners of European club football’s greatest prize — with five titles each — meet in a heavyweight Champions League quarter-final behind closed doors at the Estadio da Luz. It is not often that Messi’s Barcelona come into such a big European tie as the underdogs, but they have this time, with Quique Setien’s team having lost out to Real Madrid in the Spanish title race while Bayern appeared flawless on the way to winning a German league and cup double. Messi is now 33, yet Barcelona appear more reliant on him than ever. He scored twice against Bayern in the quarter-finals in 2009 when Barcelona went on to win the Champions League under Pep Guardiola. He hit four against Arsenal the following year and five against Bayer Leverkusen in 2012 but on both occasions, Barca were favourites. Messi also sank Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2011 when his double in the… Read full this story
- The Toughest Interview Question Facing You
- Munich Provides a Welcome Break For Tourists
- Experience A Fascinating Culture With Cheap Flights To Munich
- Halloween Face Painting - As Simple As Painting by Numbers!
- Barcelona 0 - Manchester United 0
- 10 Great Reasons to Visit Barcelona in Spain
- Moving to Barcelona with Children
- Guide to Long Term Rentals in Barcelona
- Gaudi Focus - The Main Attractions In Barcelona By The Famous Catalan Architect
- FC Barcelona - The Cruyff Years
Messi's toughest task as Barcelona face up to Bayern Munich have 285 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.