Tech group CMC’s technicians at work. The company’s shares jumped 3 per cent on Wednesday. — Photo courtesy of the company Vietnamese shares bounced on Wednesday, driven by banking-financial companies while investors sought short-term opportunities in mid-cap and small-cap sectors. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.56 per cent to end Wednesday at 851.21 points. The VN-Index had lost a total of 1 per cent in the previous three trading days. Banking, securities and insurance stocks boosted the market. The three industry indices gained between 0.9 per cent and 1.9 per cent, according to vietstock.vn. The best performers in the three sectors included VietCapital Securities (VCI), VNDirect Securities (VND), Bao Viet Holdings (BVH), Vietcombank (VCB) and Techcombank (TCB). VCI jumped 3 per cent, while the other stocks advanced between 0.7 per cent and 1.8 per cent. Other large-cap stocks also performed well to lift the blue-chip tracker VN30-Index up 0.31 per cent to 789.41 points. The VN30 futures maturing on August 20 was up 0.63 per cent to 793 points. Twenty-one of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity in the large-cap basket made gains while four declined. Among gainers were PetroVietnam… Read full this story
- Should I worry when the stock market takes a dive?
- Why Some Firms Say to Hold Out for an Emerging-Market Rebound
- Stocks Just Hit a Record, Thanks to the Fed
- How to survive in volatile markets: Go live your life
- Stocks' rally smells like '90s boom
- Waterstone Financial, Inc. Announces Results of Operations for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2019
- Will we see a market melt-up
- 8 (Financial) Tips for Sleeping Through a Storm
- Texas economy rebounds in first quarter: Dallas Fed
- Stocks rebound as hopes rise that trade tensions will ease
Financial stocks back market rebound have 296 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.