The ministry is collaborating with authorities in Da Nang and neighboring Quang Nam Province to speed up the process of taking samples from the community for mass testing, it said at a meeting on Friday with the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.Da Nang, a popular tourism destination with a population of around 1.1 million, recorded Vietnam’s first local Covid-19 transmission in over three months on July 25.The city immediately began contact tracing and mass testing, and announced social distancing from July 28, requiring residents to stay home and banning public gatherings, among other measures.The ministry said it has sent best personnel from many hospitals to Da Nang and Quang Nam to assist with the Covid-19 fight, but the outbreak has affected the treatment of some severely ill patients, which explains the growing number of Covid-19 fatalities of late, it said.There have been 22 deaths so far, mostly of elderly patients with underlying conditions like kidney failure and diabetes.Meanwhile, experts are investigating recently detected Covid-19 clusters in the northern Hai Duong Province to see if the novel coronavirus strains found there and in Da Nang are the same, acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said.These clusters are… Read full this story
- Camels suspected in deadly MERS coronavirus outbreak in Saudi Arabia
- Good riddance, DA Robert Johnson: A bad prosecutor ends his tenure by lying to the voters
- Manhattan DA won’t appeal murder case, ending woman’s crusade for justice against man who killed her father in 1986
- Katie Couric: The Iraq Electricity Ministry's unlikely poster girl
- Dallas DA Susan Hawk missing for fourth week says she's battling depression, will take more time off
- U.S. consumer prices flat in January for second-straight month
- Homebuilders step up spending for fifth straight month
- NY Giants loss to Colts coupled with putrid Jets signifies end of football season in New York
- Industry more open to 'well control'?
- Christie may receive back pay bill by month's end
Da Nang coronavirus outbreak could be 'under control' by month end: ministry have 342 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.