Vietnamese citizens completing flight procedures at Heathrow International Airport, London, UK. — VNA/VNS Photo Đình Thư HÀ NỘI — Nearly 280 citizens were repatriated from European countries on a flight of the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines on August 6-7. The flight was arranged by Vietnamese authorities, the Embassy of Vietnam in the UK, representative agencies in some European nations and the national flag carrier, together with competent agencies of the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and the Czech Republic. The passengers included children under 18, students who finished their studies with expired visas or without accommodations, pregnant women, the elderly, the ill, stranded tourists and workers. The Vietnamese representative agencies helped citizens travel to airports in London and Frankfurt while the Vietnamese Embassy in the UK and the General Consulate in Germany also sent staff to the airports to assist them with boarding procedures. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, disease prevention measures were carried out during the flight. Upon landing at Vân Đồn International Airport in the north-eastern province of Quảng Ninh, the flight crew and all passengers were given heath examinations and quarantined in line with regulations. Vietnamese authorities and overseas missions plan to arrange more flights… Read full this story
- Body of Tyrone man killed in Australian crash brought home
- Mum reveals agony over 18-YEAR mystery of her missing daughter… and wants her to be brought home ‘dead or alive’
- EU stalling Brexit talks ‘by pulling a fast one one voting rights for UK citizens left in Europe’
- EU stalling Brexit talks ‘by pulling a fast one on voting rights for UK citizens left in Europe’
- 18 months on, Holloway mum still waiting for severely autistic son to be brought home from institution 70 miles away
- Japan's Ricoh to cut 4,000 jobs at home, Europe
- What are the key events to look out for in Europe in 2018?
- Why Greenland's most dangerous criminals are coming home
- View from the chamber: Make sure everyone has a home
- Skripals first poisoned with nerve agent at home, UK police say
280 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Europe have 351 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.