AMBER Heard has taken to the stand as she faces ex-husband Johnny Depp in court, lifting the lid on her turbulent marriage and alleging that he attacked her 14 times over three years.
But the Texan star is an accomplished actress and activist in her own right – here’s all about her and her rise to fame.
Who is Amber Heard?
Amber Heard is a 34-year-old American actress, who was born in Austin, Texas, in 1986.
She started acting as a teenager and appeared in music videos.
She worked as a model before moving into acting.
Amber made her big breakthrough in the stoner comedy Pineapple Express in 2008.
How did Amber Heard and Johnny Depp meet?
Amber met ex-husband Johnny Depp on the set of The Rum Diary in 2011.
They began living together the following year following Depp’s split from Vanessa Paradis, and married at a private civil ceremony at their home in LA on February 3, 2015.
However, the couple split in May the following year, and officially divorced in January 2017 citing “irreconcilable differences”.
Amber claims that Depp hit her several times in March 2013 amid a string of domestic abuse allegations levelled at the actor during their relationship.
She told the High Court how Depp would threaten to “carve” her face up if she ever left him or hurt him.
She said: “He explicitly threatened to kill me many times. He would blame all his actions on a self-created third person, which he often called The Monster.
“He talked about our relationship being ‘dead or alive’ and told me that death was the only way out of the relationship.
“He described what he wanted to do to me if I left him or hurt him, for example, carving my face up so no one else would want me.”
And the star also claimed Depp would “demean” her if she wore anything seen as sexy – calling her a “w***e, s**t and fame hungry”.
Heard added: “He started saying things like, ‘Well I’m going to have to watch you get raped’ and ‘I hope you get railed by a bunch of f***ing fellas.’”
But Depp has denied the allegations, branding them “complete lies” at the High Court on July 7, 2020.
Amber has only been married once.
Prior to marrying Depp, she had a four-year relationship with painter and photographer Tasya van Ree, who is famous for taking black and white photos of celebrities.
What is Amber Heard’s net worth?
Amber’s net worth stands at $9 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
Heard is a vintage car fanatic she owns a custom restored ’68 Mustang.
After her divorce from Depp, Heard donated the £5.5 million from the divorce settlement to charity.
What films has Amber Heard been in?
After her breakthrough in Pineapple Express, the Texan went on to star in alternative slasher All The Boys Love Mandy Lane – a role she received widespread praise for.
The Stepfather, ExTerminators, Zombieland and The Joneses all followed before she was cast opposite Johnny Depp in The Rum Diary.
She later bagged roles in Magic Mike XXL, The Danish Girl and then One More Time in 2015.
What is Amber Heard doing now?
Amber is currently attending a libel trial by her former husband US actor Johnny Depp against News Group Newspapers.
Her most recent film appearance was in Gully, playing Joyce.
She doesn’t appear to have taken part in any new productions since.
Her next film appearance will be on Zack Snyder’s Justice League, the upcoming director’s cut of the 2017 American superhero film Justice League.
MORE ON AMBER HEARD
Johnny Depp ‘attacked stewardess he thought was hitting on Amber Heard’
Amber says it was ‘incredibly painful’ to relive Depp split during trial
Depp ‘boasted he got the charges dropped for $5m after settling divorce’
Depp was a ‘wife-beater’ who ‘made Amber fear for her life’ High Court told
Amber Heard goes out with girlfriend, sister and legal team after Depp testimony
‘BURY THE HATCHET’
Elon Musk denies Amber Heard affair & offers Johnny Depp a ‘cage fight’
Who is Amber’s sister Whitney?
Amber’s and her younger sister Whitney Heard reportedly have a close relationship, and grew up together just outside Austin, Texas.
Whitney was pictured by Amber’s side as she arrived at the High Court on July 7 to face ex-husband Johnny Depp.
According to Hollywood Reporter, Whitney lives in Los Angeles and has been seen out and about in the city with her sister.
- Amber Heard highlights her sensational physique in a white high-leg swimsuit during sun-soaked break on Amalfi Coast... a day after pictures of burned and bloodied ex-husband Johnny Depp in hospital emerged
- Flashing the flesh! Hollywood star Amber Heard showcases her legs and cleavage in a racy black dress as she leads the red carpet arrivals at GQ's Men Of The Year Awards in Sydney
- Who is Deborah Meaden’s husband, what’s her net worth and how old is the Dragons’ Den star?
- What is Debbie McGee's net worth? Strictly Come Dancing star's fortune revealed
- What is Logan Paul’s net worth, who’s his girlfriend Chloe Bennet and how many watched first boxing fight against KSI?
- Phillip Schofield's net worth: This Morning presenter's fortune revealed
- Lisa Marie Presley's Ex-Husband Michael Lockwood Ordered to Pay Her Attorney Fees Amid Custody Battle
- EXCLUSIVE - Kate Gosselin's court shame: Reality star mom is found in contempt for putting her underage kids in her new TLC show - flouting legal order obtained by ex-husband Jon during bitter split
- What is E.L James’ net worth, will there be another Fifty Shades Of Grey and what is her new book called?
- How old is Judi Dench, who is her partner David Mills and what films has she starred in?
- Love Island: Meet NEW BOMBSHELL Molly-Mae Hague, the ex-girlfriend of Leicester City's James Maddison, who is set to ruffle feathers in shock twist
- The Truth puts Catherine Deneuve and Juliette Binoche at the centre of a note-perfect drama of family dysfunction
Who is Amber Heard? Age, films, net worth, ex-husband and family have 1019 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.