The decision to reopen school gates comes after Vietnam eased social distancing measures at the end of April AFP/Manan VATSYAYANA The decision to reopen schools came after the Southeast Asian nation eased social distancing measures at the end of April – with experts pointing to a decisive response involving mass quarantines and expansive contact tracing for its apparent success in containing the disease. At a school in western Hanoi, secondary level students calmly lined up to have their temperatures checked before filing into classrooms for the first time in more than three months. “I am very happy and excited because it’s boring being at home,” said 11-year-old Pham Anh Kiet. “I feel safe when I wear a mask and have my temperature checked, I am not afraid of being infected with the virus,” he added, before grabbing a classmate for a quick catch up. Tran Dang Ngoc Anh, 12, said she’d missed her friends and teachers and was happy to be back – despite being a little apprehensive about wearing “stuffy masks in classrooms”. There are around 22 million school-age children and university students across Vietnam. After being sent home in late January, some children returned last week but others… Read full this story
- ONGOING: Police stand guard at Dundee secondary school after fight breaks out
- ONGOING: Police stand guard at Dundee school after fight breaks out
- Suspected vehicle thief arrested after chase through Peterborough primary school playground during break time
- More than 2800 welfare concerns logged about Northamptonshire children last month
- Speed checks planned near schools after Easter break
- Bucks County Council set to scrap special educational needs children school transport
- Special Education Needs children school travel cuts "ill-thought out and damaging", say charity
- Children's services 'at breaking point'
- MPs say children's services 'at breaking point' after warning from Newcastle
- 'So happy': Teen racer Sophia Floersch returns to track months after breaking back in horror smash
Vietnam children back at school after 3-month coronavirus break have 326 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.