UEFA wants the transfer window across Europe to close on October 5 AFP/Fabrice COFFRINI Following an executive committee meeting held via videoconference, UEFA said clubs would have until October 6 to register players for the group stage of next season’s European club competitions. On Wednesday it was announced that the 2020-21 Champions League would start on October 20, with the Europa League group stage starting two days later. The summer transfer window in Europe usually closes at the start of September, although individual countries do not all follow the same dates. Football is still adapting after the current season was interrupted in mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic. FIFA has already permitted countries to open their transfer windows up to four weeks before the delayed season has been completed, although any new signings would not be eligible until next season. Several countries are only just resuming competitions, with the seasons in the English Premier League and Spain’s La Liga not set to finish until late July. Italy’s Serie A will not now finish until early August. On Wednesday UEFA announced that this season’s Champions League would be completed with a “final eight” straight knock-out format in Lisbon from Aug 12… Read full this story
- Transfer Deadline Day: When does the January window close?
- Premier League January Transfer Window 2020: When it closes, notable players, more
- Transfer window verdict: how every Premier League club fared in January
- Emre Can joins Borussia Dortmund at the end of the transfer window
- Premier League January Transfer Window: When it closes, who’s in the mix, more
- One deal agents can’t reach in transfer window is with FIFA
- Deadline Day: Your guide to final day of January transfer window
- January transfer window grades
- Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bemoans 'hard' January transfer window
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bemoans January transfer window & hints at Alexis Sanchez return
UEFA calls for transfer window to close across Europe on October 5 have 327 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.