SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Health officials in New Mexico report 266 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and seven additional deaths.
Data released Sunday by the state Department of Health pushed the total of coronavirus cases to 19,042 with 614 known deaths.
Bernalillo County led all counties in new cases with 91 and four of the latest reported deaths occurred in that county.
The number of infections is thought to be far higher because many people have not been tested, and studies suggest people can be infected with the virus without feeling sick.
For most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks.
But for some — especially older adults and people with existing health problems — it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death.
- New Jersey Reports First Death Associated With Vaping-Related Illness
- Michael Avenatti faces new fraud charge in Nike extortion case
- New CDC Report on Superbugs Is Full of Bad News
- Obama, US lawmakers see 'new chapter' in Venezuela after Chavez's death
- Israel rejects UN report on Gaza border fence deaths
- New Shambhala Report Finds Credible Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Bella Thorne's biggest role yet? Former Disney star steps into the shoes of the woman who urged her boyfriend to kill himself over text for a new Lifetime movie about the controversial case
- Report: Uranium plumes for Bluewater Mill site ‘stable’
- New Mexico officials break ground on pipeline project
- Judge hit with death threats after ruling in New Mexico compound child abuse case
- New Mexico Supreme Court asked to review lawyer’s 2010 death
- 'You're going to die': Maduro's death squad interrogates an unarmed shopkeeper, 29, moments before they shoot him inside his home - contradicting the official police report that he died in an alleyway gun battle
New Mexico reports 266 new coronavirus cases, 7 more deaths have 288 words, post on www.sfgate.com at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.