HCMC Locals spot alligator in HCMC canal The Saigon Times Wednesday, Jul 15, 2020,14:06 (GMT+7) Locals spot alligator in HCMC canal The Saigon Times A still image of the alligator taken from a video clip provided by the Ward 3 authorities – PHOTO: COURTESY OF WARD 3 AUTHORITIES HCMC – Video clips of an 80-centimeter-long alligator have gone viral on social media, receiving many shares and comments, after it was spotted swimming in the Te Canal by local residents in Ward 3, District 4, HCMC, on July 14. A leader of Ward 3 said that the local authorities worked with the HCMC Fisheries Resources Surveillance Group to catch the four-kilogram alligator and send it to an alligator farm. The ward leader said, “Since there are no alligator farms in District 4, the alligator might have swum from another district.” The local authorities will monitor the area in the coming days to ensure the safety of local residents. Residents are allowed to raise alligators but they have to register and comply with strict regulations. They must obtain permission from the Forestry Department before selling or slaughtering alligators, according to VnExpress news site. Share with your friends:
- CCTV considered following spate of vandalism at Bude Canal
- Canal resurrection charity receives crucial £10,000 funding
- Puppy allegedly drowned at Bedworth canal
- Bowling canal included in strategy to fix canals in face of £70m repair backlog
- Cyclist rescues baby after buggy rolls into Nottingham canal
- Planning underway for anniversary of Bude Canal
- Canal locks closed due to 'pollution incident'
- Firefighters rescue stag from canal
- Local History: Philipstoun's Lost Loch
- Care home residents treated to Seagull Trust Cruises canal trip
Locals spot alligator in HCMC canal have 273 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.