Vietnam Economy EU announces import quotas for Vietnam’s farm produce The Saigon Times Thursday, Jul 16, 2020,13:00 (GMT+7) EU announces import quotas for Vietnam’s farm produceThe Saigon Times Rice bags are loaded onto a ship for export. The European Commission (EC) has publicized import quotas for Vietnam’s rice and some agricultural products – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – The European Commission (EC) on July 15 publicized import quotas for Vietnam’s rice and some agricultural products and clarified methods of quota management, in line with commitments toward the European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA). Under EVFTA, which is set to come into force on August 1, Vietnamese farm produce, mainly rice, will be entitled to tariff exemptions on imports to the EU but these products will have annual import quotas, VietnamPlus news site reported. According to the EC’s announcement, the quotas on the import of farm produce to the EU will be applied from August 1, with the egg import quota set at 208.3 tons from August 1 to December 31 and 500 tons per year. The annual import quota for garlic will be 400 tons, while that for corn, cassava, tuna, sugar and mushrooms will be 5,000 tons, 30,000 tons, 11,500 tons, 20,000 tons and 350… Read full this story
- Can U.S. farms produce food without relying heavily on fossil fuels?
- The End of Atlantic Salmon Farming in West Coast Waters Is Near
- This veggie garden is basically an organic server farm of kale
- Prudence Foundation and AVPN Announce Winners of Inaugural Disaster Tech Innovation Competition
- How quantum dots supercharge farming, medicine and solar, too
- Demand Media escapes the 'farm'...
- Vietnam May Get Domestic Partnerships, Still Repressive Elsewise
- Here's Lin-Manuel Miranda Reading MLK's 'Beyond Vietnam' Speech in the Church Where King Gave It
- All-you-can-download subscription model for apps debuts in Vietnam
- In or out? Do UK tech companies really want to leave or stay in the EU?
EU announces import quotas for Vietnam’s farm produce have 318 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.