LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas reported 642 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus on Sunday and two more deaths from the illness caused by the virus.
The Department of Health said at least 38,623 people in the state have tested positive for the virus, an increase from the 37,981 confirmed cases reported Saturday. The department said 6,600 of the cases are active, meaning they don’t include people who have died or recovered.
The true number of cases in Arkansas is likely higher because many people have not been tested, and studies suggest people can be infected and not feel sick.
Two more people have died from COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus, bringing the state’s total fatalities to 401. The number of people hospitalized because of COVID-19 increased by one to 480.
For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death. The vast majority of people recover.
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 71 New Coronavirus Cases As Countywide Total Now Tops 5,000
- Allegheny Co. Health Department Reports 246 New Coronavirus Cases, County Death Toll Surpasses 200
- Allegheny Co. Health Department Reports 158 New Coronavirus Cases, No Additional Deaths
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 200 New Coronavirus Cases, Increasing County Total To 4,962
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 135 New Coronavirus Cases, Bringing Countywide Total To 6,125
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 138 New Coronavirus Cases, Bringing Countywide Total To 6,263
- Hong Kong reports 19 new coronavirus cases, down from recent spike
- China's Urumqi reports five new coronavirus cases, flights cancelled earlier
- China reports four new coronavirus cases in mainland
- OC Reports 911 New Coronavirus Cases, 20 Additional Deaths Bringing Total To 455
- New coronavirus cases, deaths in France higher than average
- China reports six new coronavirus cases for July 14
Arkansas reports 642 new coronavirus cases, 2 more deaths have 301 words, post on www.sfgate.com at July 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.