Due to the recent impact of the novel coronavirus, the majority of global football matches have been suspended for the past three months, meaning there has been little change in the rankings compared to previous months.
The latest rankings show with a total of 1,258 points, Vietnam are the 14th strongest in Asia and 94th best in the world. Indeed, they are the only Southeast Asian team to be listed among the world’s Top 100, a position that has been maintained since last year.
Thailand, the country’s biggest rival in football terms, are the region’s second strongest team according to the rankings, coming in at 113rd in the world with 1,178 points. The region’s third best team are the Philippines who are down at 124th in the global rankings.
Moving down the list are Myanmar at 136th, while Malaysia are even further behind at 154th.
The latest rankings indicate that Japan have maintained their place as the leading team in Asia, ranked at 28th in the world with a total of 1,500 points. They are closely followed by Iran, the Republic of Korea, Australia, and reigning Asian Cup winners Qatar.
At the top of the latest FIFA rankings there has been no change, with Belgium holding the top position with 1,765 points, followed by France on 1,733 points. Elsewhere in the ranking’s top ten teams are Brazil, England, Uruguay, Croatia, Portugal, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia.
- Myleeta Aga Joins Netflix in Southeast Asia, Erika North Departs
- Southeast Asia’s GDP growth likely to remain at 4.5 pct in 2020
- Uber focuses on services as it begins to see profits in Southeast Asia
- Will Oyo sacrifice profitability as it competes in Southeast Asia
- Grab is investing $100M in startups to help it battle Uber in Southeast Asia
- More air routes linking Southeast Asia and Danang opened
- Grab, Uber’s rival in Southeast Asia, is developing a mobile payments platform
- FIFA Ranking: India Rise to 137, Their Best-Ever in Six Years
- NVGI Develops Smart IoT-enabled Barista Coffee Machines in Southeast Asia
- Sourabh Verma Achieves Career-Best Rank In Latest BWF Rankings
- Southeast Asia to launch joint bid to host 2034 World Cup: Thai PM
- Vietnam hit 21-year high in FIFA World rankings
Vietnam top Southeast Asia in latest FIFA rankings have 353 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.