There were 1,418 newly licenced projects during the Jan-June period, with registered capital of US$8.44 billion. There were 526 licenced projects from previous years registered as having adjusted their investment capital with additional capital of US$3.7 billion, up 26.8%.
During the six-month period, 4,125 foreign investors contributed capital and purchased shares with a total value of nearly US$3.51 billion, up 2.6%.
During the period, the processing and manufacturing industry witnessed the largest volume of newly licenced FDI projects, reaching US$8 billion, accounting for 51.1% of total newly registered capital. It was followed by the production and distribution of electricity, with US$3.95 billion, accounting for 25.2%; wholesale and retail (US$1.08 billion); and real estate (US$850 million).
Among the 98 countries and territories registering new projects in Vietnam in the first six months, Singapore was the largest investor, with US$5.44 billion, accounting for 34.7% of the total, followed by Thailand with US$1.58 billion (10.1%), China with US$1.58 million (10.1%) and then Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Taiwan (China).
Among the 57 localities receiving FDI in the six-month period, the southern province of Bac Lieu ranked top with US$4 billion. Ho Chi Minh City came next with over US$2 billion and Ba Ria – Vung Tau placed third with US$1.95 billion, followed by the capital Hanoi, Binh Duong province and Hai Phong city.
- $4 billion LNG project helps Bac Lieu lead in FDI attraction
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 4
- Pandemic drags down FDI attraction
- New role of State Audit in attracting new-generation FDI
- Hanoi ranks third in FDI attraction in 11 months
- World’s largest trade accord heightens interest in Vietnam
- Vietnam needs new approaches to build large local companies
- FDI equity inflows into India cross $500 billion milestone
Vietnam attracts US$15.67 billion in FDI in six months have 286 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at June 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.