WASHINGTON – Every day for the past two weeks, roughly 900 people have died of COVID-19 in the United States. The case count has been stuck at about 20,000 per day. That’s down from the peak in mid-April, when more than 2,000 were dying and more than 30,000 were testing positive every day. But progress on controlling the epidemic has stalled. Stay-at-home orders; closing restaurants, bars and theaters; and canceling large gatherings succeeded in slowing the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. As World Blood Donor Day Approaches, COVID-19 Strains Supply Pandemic has increased shortages, endangering people in medical crises, health officials say In epidemiological terms, the curve flattened. But as the country comes out of lockdown, the curve is staying flat, at a time when health officials say it needs to be curving downward. Summer headwinds Weather is working against the virus for now. Summer’s warmth and humidity seem to tamp down, but not eliminate, the risk of infection. The trend will reverse beginning in late August and September. Climate conditions will begin to tilt in favor of the virus, and the expected second wave will begin. “It’s very important during the summer season, when the seasonality is… Read full this story
- Bill Gates says a pandemic flu could kill 30 million people — these are the deadly diseases that scare experts the most
- A mysterious ‘Disease X’ could be the next pandemic to kill millions of people — here’s how worried you should be
- WHO fears flu pandemic; Philippine vaccine shortage feared
- The Apprentice 2019: Librarian Lottie Lion, 19, and digital marketing manager Lewis Ellis, 28, 'had a fling during filming'
- 20 things to do in 2019
- News 40 things you probably didn't know about Sharon Cuneta
- The 19 best things to do in San Francisco, according to people who live there
- News Book review: Get to know the Virgin Mary in ‘A Sky Full of Stars’
- Seven things to do in Toronto this week
- News The ANC Brief April 19, 2018
Six Things to Know About the COVID-19 Pandemic Now have 336 words, post on www.voanews.com at June 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.