The Hanoi People’s Committee has issued Official Letter on the discontinuation of quarantine for people certified by the competent authority as having undergone medical isolation.
The Hanoi city government has required all people on entry to Vietnam to undergo quarantine for at least 14 days and health supervision for an additional 14 days to ensure no infection in the community, Kinhtedothi.vn reported.
On May 28, the Hanoi People’s Committee issued Official Letter on the discontinuation of quarantine for people certified by the competent authority as having undergone medical isolation.
|Hanoi enforces a mandatory 14-day quarantine and additional 14-day supervision for all arrivals. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
As per the Official Letter, the People’s Committees of districts and towns are in charge of asking enterprises that employ foreigners take preventive measures against Covid-19 .
The compulsory measures are still in place, including wearing of face masks in public places, outdoors and on public transports, regularly hand wash with soap or antiseptic solution.
On April 8, Hanoi requested strict quarantine on foreigners. Accordingly, foreigners entering Vietnam are subject to mandatory medical declaration, safety screening measures and have to undergo quarantine. Foreigners showing signs of fever, cough, shortness of breath will immediately be taken to medical facilities for isolation and treatment.
This is in line with the Vietnamese government’s requirement that all Vietnamese nationals and foreigners entering Vietnam undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine from March 18. The country has earlier suspended visa issuance to foreign nationals.
Foreigners who are experts, business executives, high-tech experts bearing papers certifying they are negative for Covid-19 issued by competent authorities of the country of origin and approved by Vietnam will be allowed entry and must be strictly isolated. These cases may undergo concentrated quarantine at indicated hotels in Hanoi city if they are willing to pay for all expenses.
Foreigners in possession of diplomatic or official passports, if they are in good health, show no signs of illness and their health condition is guaranteed by their diplomatic missions may be quarantined at the missions or at their residences for 14 days after entering Vietnam.
Foreigners who are under quarantine at concentrated centers, home, or residences and have tested negative will be isolated for another 14 days in accordance with regulations.
As of late June 2, Vietnam has reported 328 people positive with the coronavirus, of them 298 have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
- Hanoi: five more wholesale markets to be built
- Palace backs proposal to stop visa-on-arrival
- More than 2,000 migrants quarantined in US detention centers due to disease outbreaks
- Meat vendors now required to display certifications on stalls
- How the Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi failed: Big threats, big egos, bad bets
- Maqis seizes 55kg of pork products at klia2 arrival hall
- Ban on e-cigarettes under study after enforcement problems emerge
- Qatar enforces exit visa reform, foreign workers will not need employer's approval before departure
- Bill to enforce plain packaging for tobacco products passed in Parliament
- Some information — including your SIN — is not required when selling your house: Ask Joe
- Mount Merbabu hikers now required to register online
- Haze hovers over Indian capital as peak pollution season arrives
Hanoi enforces quarantine requirements for all arrivals have 503 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at June 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.