Footwear being made for export at the Japan-invested Midori Safety Footwear Viet Nam in Quang Nam Province’s Dien Nam-Dien Ngoc Industrial Zone. — VNA/VNS Photo Danh Lam Foreign investment commitments to Viet Nam in the first half of this year decreased 15.1 per cent year-on-year to US$15.67 billion, a report from the Ministry of Planning and Investment’s Foreign Investment Agency has shown. In the period, 1,418 new projects were licensed with a total registered capital of $8.44 billion, down 18 per cent in the number of projects but up 14 per cent in capital year-on-year. According to the agency, a surge in newly registered foreign direct investment (FDI) in the six-month period was attributable to the $4 billion-liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant project in the southern province of Bac Lieu, accounting for 47.4 per cent of fresh FDI commitments. At the same time, 526 existing projects were allowed to add $3.7 billion, up 27 per cent in capital. Meanwhile, investors indirectly contributed $3.51 billion in 4,125 projects through share purchasing, up 2.6 per cent in the number of projects but down 57 per cent in value year-on-year. Among 18 sectors receiving foreign capital, the processing and manufacturing industry attracted the… Read full this story
- BBX Capital Corporation Reports Financial Results For the Third Quarter, 2018
- Dollars for green cards: EB-5 program grants visas, even citizenship, to foreigners who invest in U.S.
- Monroe Capital Corporation BDC Announces Third Quarter Results
- Q&A: Why Foreign Investors Favor U.S. Real Estate — and How They’re Approaching the Southeast
- Foreign Domestic Investment (FDI) into Africa rises, and Morocco joins South Africa as leading investment destinations
- Halloween Costume Party Raided in Saudi Arabia, 17 Foreign Women Arrested
- President Julius Maada Bio Meets Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister of the United Arab Emirates in Freetown
- Unique courses at Capital Region colleges
- U.S. bans diplomatic visas for foreign same-sex domestic partners
- New visa rules for same-sex partners of foreign diplomats
Foreign capital inflows in Viet Nam down in H1 have 324 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.