Tran Thanh Hai, vice standing president of Vietnam’s General Confederation of Labo, said at a meeting Monday domestic enterprises were severely affected by the Covid-19 crisis, prompting them to shut down or scale down operations, the confederation reported on its news website.This has lead to labor strikes among workers to demand better benefits and pay, Hai noted.During the past Lunar New Year, Vietnam’s biggest and most important holiday, many workers also went on strike due to delayed salary payments, inadequate holiday bonuses and poor meal quality.”As soon as the strikes occurred, trade unions cooperated with authorities to settle disputes and satisfy legitimate employee requests, prompting them to resume work,” he said.In May, over 8,000 workers at Taiwanese-invested footwear company Chi Hung in southern Binh Duong Province went on strike after learning the company would cut jobs and terminate contracts in July due to a fall in orders amid the Covid-19 crisis. Hai said the strike was fueled by false reports on social media.Over five million Vietnamese workers have either lost their jobs, worked fewer hours or had their incomes reduced because of the novel coronavirus outbreak in the first five months of 2020, the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs… Read full this story
- VN draws detailed circumstances of employee transfer from Covid-19 hit- areas
- Vietnam to stop granting new work permits to foreigners from COVID-19-hit areas: media
- Vietnam shall quarantine all from COVID-19-hit areas in South Korea: PM
- Vietnam denies entry to travelers from COVID-19-hit areas
- Olympics | Japan’s crowdless sports: A prelude to a COVID-19-hit Games?
- Armenia reports first COVID-19 case
- South Korea reports eighth COVID-19 death, 60 new cases
- Autopsy report reveals COVID-19 mainly attacks lungs
- New Zealand provides support for COVID-19 affected businesses
- France reports 212 COVID-19 cases, four deaths
91 labor strikes reported in Vietnam as Covid-19 hits businesses have 314 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.