Men are most interested in honest, confident women with an appetite for fun, according to a top relationship coach.
Louanne Ward deciphers what singles really want in her Facebook group, She Said He Said, by asking hundreds of men people to rank the qualities they find most attractive in potential partners.
Honesty was named the personality trait men value most in women in a recent poll conducted by the dating expert from Perth, Western Australia, with 21.3 percent of the votes.
Confidence and good self-esteem were second at 20 percent, followed by playfulness at 18 percent.
Scroll down for video
Louanne Ward, a relationship coach and dating expert from Perth, Western Australia
Fourth position was a tie between gratefulness, positivity and appreciation, and kindness, with an equal share of 14 percent.
Loyalty and trustworthiness rounded out the top five with 12.6 percent.
Further down the list were emotional intelligence, drive and ambition and academic intelligence.
A romantic nature was the quality men valued least in their partners.
Last week, Ms Ward conducted a poll to determine which physical qualities men appreciate most in women, with surprising results.
What men value most in women
1. Honesty 21.3 percent
2. Confidence 20 percent
3. Playfulness 18 percent
4. Kindness/Gratefulness 14 percent
5. Loyalty 12.6 percent
1. Eyes 41.6 percent
2. Smile 29.6 percent
3. Bum 12.2 percent
4. Breasts 9.2 percent
5. Legs 7.4 percent
Source: Louanne Ward via She Said He Said
Rather than obvious choices like lips, breasts or legs, 41.6 percent of male voters said eyes are the feature they find most attractive.
Smile was second at 29.6 percent, followed by bottom at 12.2 percent.
In fourth and fifth position were breasts (9.2 per cent) and legs (7.4 per cent), with a healthy body shape, hair and personal style rounding out the list.
‘The eyes have it, then the way she carries herself, and finally, how she presents herself,’ one man said.
‘The first thing I notice is her eyes. I can almost read a person and it’s strange but the eyes truly are the gateway to one’s soul… then I notice the hair, I love a woman with long, beautiful hair,’ said another.
Ms Ward in a professional shot for her eponymous dating agency, Louanne Ward Matchmaking
Some men said they were embarrassed to name breasts as their favourite feature, perhaps fearing a backlash from the rest of the group.
But Ms Ward asked for honesty in her research, saying: ‘There is nothing shameless about appreciating a woman’s breasts, they are part of her feminine form, plus you don’t have any which makes them more fascinating’.
She said physicality is an important part of relationships because if a person isn’t immediately attracted to someone, it’s unlikely they will spend time getting to know what their personality is like.
- Attractive woman, 65, wants suitors to appreciate brain
- What women really want on Valentine’s Day
- I'm An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I'm Struggling With That
- New PayScale Research Reveals Unequal Access to High Paying Jobs is at the Root of the Gender Pay Gap Problem
- Republican women in office say Louisiana’s GOP could do more to attract, support candidates
- Pope Francis wants psychological testing to prevent problem priests
- ‘Not one woman got that kind of coverage’: Beto backlash begins
- Karen Koenig, Author of 'Woman On Top: How to Win in a Woman’s Way' to be Featured on CUTV News Radio
- Dana Milbank: What do ‘bromances’ with bad men say about Trump?
- Why does Trump fall in love with bad men?
- A super show at Crystal Bridges: 'Men of Steel, Women of Wonder'
- American woman, divorced from Saudi husband, is trapped in Saudi Arabia
What do men REALLY want? Males reveal the personality traits they find most attractive in a woman - and you might be surprised have 704 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.