Vietnam contains one of the highest potential for wind power in the region, as it is endowed with high wind speeds particularly in the offshore or near-shore areas. Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Group, expects growing opportunities in Vietnam’s wind power sector, mainly thanks to stronger regulatory support announced in recent weeks and rising investor interest. The Vietnamese government has proposed several policies in recent months to boost the development of the wind power sector, in particular offshore wind, which bodes well for the industry, Fitch Solutions said in its latest report. It noted that Vietnam contains one of the highest potential for wind power in the region, as it is endowed with high wind speeds particularly in the offshore or near-shore areas, with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) estimating this potential to be at approximately 475GW. Vietnam – Total Installed Wind Power Capacity, MW. In March 2020, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc issued a resolution for a five-year plan to 2025 to develop renewable energy sources ‘off the coast’, with specific mechanisms and policies to attract both foreign and local developers to invest in the sector. In particular, Binh Thuan, Bac Lieu and Ca Mau were… Read full this story
- We Checked President Trump’s Dubious Claims on the Perils of Wind Power
- N Carolina may ban wind power near coast, military flights
- Electrifying news: Solar and wind power has quintupled in a decade
- Top 11 Problems Plaguing Solar And Wind Power
- ‘Now Brewed With Wind Power’? Read The Fine Print In Budweiser’s Super Bowl Ad
- Trump mocks wind power: 'When the wind doesn't blow, just turn off the television'
- Green New Deal? Wind Power ‘Dropped Off’ The Grid During Polar Vortex
- Trump says wind power doesn't work because 'it only blows sometimes'
- Carbon emissions from the U.S. power sector rose in 2018
- Inslee: Trump 'simply moronic' on wind power
Vietnam wind power sector to see growing opportunities: Fitch Solutions have 325 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.