With the Covid-19 pandemic under control in Vietnam, the country now seeks to breathe life back into its tourism industry. Director General of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) Nguyen Trung Khanh said the agency has submitted a proposal to the government on welcoming international tourists again from source markets where the disease has been well controlled. Before that, Vietnam needs to develop standards to certify health condition for individuals wishing to visit Vietnam, according to VNE. Nguyen Trung Khanh, director general of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. Photo: Zing Vietnam’s tourism industry achieved high growth in the past five years. The number of international arrivals continued to rise in January this year. However, the Covid-19 outbreak has paralyzed tourism activities worldwide, including in Vietnam. As the pandemic is under control in Vietnam, Vietnam’s tourism industry will firstly focus on restoring the domestic market, said Khanh. The VNAT has kicked start the domestic tourism stimulus program entitled “Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam”, which has engaged the active particiption of localities, associations and travel businesses. The head of VNAT said this is a key task of the industry in the coming time but it requires coordination and unification of… Read full this story
- Rajasthan learning model added as case study by Harvard
- Vietnam’s top legislator meets with Thai Prime Minister
- Limit yourself to one drink a day or life expectancy drops, study says
- London mayor Sadiq Khan plans to block foreign homebuyers from snapping up properties until locals have been given 'first dibs'
- Vietnam sponsors building of Cambodia’s Kompong Speu provincial Radio
- Health commissioner: Hepatitis outbreak no reason to stay away from Kentucky Derby
- Here are the top five things killing Floridians, new study says
- Study: The younger kids start playing football, the more mood and behavior problems they get later
- Lue returns to coach Cavaliers after health scare
- New study: NFL concussion protocol won’t protect players from CTE
Vietnam to study health standard validation before reopening to foreign tourists have 336 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.