Many Vietnamese parents would enjoy the emergence of a public school bus system Photo: Ngoc Han As a mother to two children studying at the Vinschool Green Bay elementary school, Thuy Linh shared that with her tight schedule, she had to sign up for student transit services that cost VND1.2 million ($50) a month for each child. Linh said that the school bus service saves her family time on ferrying the children to school and picking them up every day. She also feels safer that there are teachers in charge on the bus. However, she also complained about occassional bullying that is largely ignored by the adults. Linh’s concerns are shared by many other parents, because not every school providing shuttle services can ensure the careful monitoring of schoolchildren, especially when these are mostly spontaneous services operating on a basis of co-operation between the schools and transport service providers. However, there is a grievous lack of official regulations or standards for these vehicles and their operation, which allows operators to dip below the standards expected by parents with impunity. According to statistics from Hanoi Department of Transport, in 2019 there were 17 schools running shuttle services under private contracts, with… Read full this story
- The school bus strike threat is real
- More students to receive yellow school bus service if proposal passed
- School bus contractors face driver shortage
- Westfield responds to school bus fears but is it enough?
- School bus strike actually saving the city money, despite payouts to parents
- Phoenix charter school bus driver slapped 6-year-old student in the face, parent claims
- School bus union Local 1181 threatens strike, Mayor Bloomberg says it would cause ‘chaos’
- Rockaway kindergartner mistakenly placed on school bus in mix-up
- Gonzalez: Brooklyn federal judge's decision a huge victory for school bus drivers and matrons
- Autistic boy, 3, is 'delirious' and mom is angry after five-hour school bus ride home from Manhattan to Brooklyn
Parents request overhaul of school bus framework have 328 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.