ROCKVILLE, MD — Montgomery County Council President Sidney Katz is hosting a business briefing on Zoom for residents affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
The virtual meeting — set to take place on Friday at 12:30 p.m— will provide an overview of the county’s efforts to support struggling local businesses. It will also give participants a chance to discuss what local businesses are doing to help the county weather the economic downturn.
“The Council and the County government are working hard during this difficult time to support local businesses,” said Katz. “I’m a proud former small business owner. I know that local businesses are the backbone of Montgomery County’s economy.”
For the latest on the new coronavirus in Maryland, get Patch news alerts.
Katz will be joined by Benjamin Wu, president and CEO of the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation, and Bart Yablonsky, owner of Dawson’s Market in Rockville.
Residents can submit their questions for Katz and other participants by e-mailing [email protected] They’ll also have the chance to submit questions in the Zoom chat during the Q&A portion of the briefing.
Interested participants must register ahead of time by emailing [email protected] Residents will receive the Zoom call information by email upon registration.
Friday’s chat is part of an ongoing series of online business briefings for residents. More dates will be announced at a later time.
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area Business Briefs for Nov. 22, 2020
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 19
- An OAN Host Has Been Helping Rudy With Trump’s Legal Efforts
- Scorsese’s Stockholm Honor; Luang Prabang & Tallinn Black Nights Festival News; Stacey Dash Signs With Key Talent – Global Briefs
- Montgomery Asia partners with Malaysia Specialty Coffee Association (MSCA) to launch the inaugural International Café & Beverage Show (ICBS) in Malaysia!
- Cuomo admin in Supreme Court brief argues NY virus rules more lenient to churches than secular events
- Thursday briefing: General pardon – Trump gets Michael Flynn off the hook
- Friday briefing: The return of Dr Fauci
- Authoritarian, elitist, anti-motorist.. and eye-wateringly expensive: Drivers, business and economists slam PM's 'Stalinist' plan to ban new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030 - a date that was NOT in Tory manifesto - and his ten-point green revolution
- Keynote Speech by H.E. Ambassador Liu Xiaoming at the Briefing on the Fifth Plenary Session of the 19th CPC Central Committee: New Opportunities, New Confidence, New Journey
- Wednesday briefing: Sunak's difficult second mini-budget
Montgomery Co. Business Briefing Hosted On May 8: How To RSVP have 447 words, post on patch.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.