LUCKNOW, India — A troop of monkeys in India attacked a medical official and snatched away blood samples of patients who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus, authorities said on Friday. The attack occurred this week when a laboratory technician was walking in the campus of a state-run medical college in Meerut, 460 km (285 miles) north of Lucknow, capital of Uttar Pradesh state. “Monkeys grabbed and fled with the blood samples of four COVID-19 patients who are undergoing treatment … we had to take their blood samples again,” said Dr S. K. Garg, a top official at the college. Authorities said they were not clear if the monkeys had spilled the blood samples, but people living near the leafy campus feared further spread of the virus if the monkeys carried the samples into residential areas. Garg said it was not clear if the monkeys could contract the coronavirus if they came into contact with infected blood. “No evidence has been found that monkeys can contract the infection,” Garg told Reuters. The virus is believed to have jumped from animals into people in a wildlife market in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. India has had 165,799… Read full this story
- Utah nurse claims police assault after she refused patient blood sample
- Prince’s estate to fight paternity claims with late rock icon’s blood sample
- Cop who arrested Utah nurse over blood sample sexually harassed a female police staffer multiple times
- Torrance company creates new technology that could revolutionize blood testing industry
- Arctic Monkeys covered the White Stripes' 'The Union Forever' in Detroit
- India, China, USA and Brazil top drivers of growth within rugby’s 800 million-strong following
- Stampede in India: Two People Dead And 41 Injured During a Politician's Funeral Procession
- Red Cross offering Amazon gift cards to donors during 'blood emergency'
- Stealing Sand Could Cost You $3,400 On the Italian Island of Sardinia
- SEE IT: Utah nurse arrested for refusing cop's order to draw blood from unconscious patient
Monkeys steal coronavirus blood samples in India have 337 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.