Nation Heat waves break multiple records over past 60 years The Saigon Times Friday, May 22, 2020,21:38 (GMT+7) Heat waves break multiple records over past 60 yearsThe Saigon Times Vietnamese people wear face masks and long shirts to protect themselves from the scorching heat – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – Temperatures measured on May 21 in the northernmost province of Lao Cai, the capital city of Hanoi and other localities broke many records. Luu Minh Hai, director of the Lao Cai Meteorological and Hydrometeorological Station, stated that the heat in Lao Cai City had reached 41.8 degrees Celsius, the highest level seen in the last 64 years, Thanh Nien newspaper reported. The previous record was 41 degrees Celsius, hitting the city on May 22, 1957; June 7, 2003; and June 4, 2017. Meanwhile, the heat wave in Ha Dong District of Hanoi City reached 40.9 degrees Celsius, the highest level in the month of May for the last 59 years. In May 2019, temperatures reached 40.1 degrees Celsius. In other localities in the north and central coastal regions, the heat waves were recorded at 37-41 degrees Celsius. The record heat waves are flowing from the west to the southwest, according to the National Center for… Read full this story
- From the 1960s Rocker to the Noughties goth: Stunning digital photo exhibition charts how music defined British teenage subcultures over the past 60 years
- Surely Nothing but Satan Himself Could Explain This European Heat Wave Named 'Lucifer'
- Heat wave hits three regions with temperature over 40C
- A Supercharged Marine Heat Wave Is Roasting the Pacific
- Radioactive chlorine gas is STILL leaking out of Antarctica's ice sheets after nuclear bomb tests in the Pacific Ocean 60 years ago
- 60-year-old widow raped in Baran
- Bank IT system failures have left millions of Britons 'cashless and cut off' over the past two years, say MPs
- Wyoming man grows 1,491-pound pumpkin, breaks state record
- Catholic priests in Colorado sexually abused at least 166 children in the past 70 years
- News24.com | 60 years of writing and fighting: Ramaphosa celebrates the African Communist
Heat waves break multiple records over past 60 years have 333 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.