Under the HCM City’s plan, Ben Thanh-Tan Kien metro project or route 3A will run through eight local districts with a total length of 20 kilometres and 18 stations.
Once finished, the project will link to Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line.
The Ben Thanh-Tan Kien metro is expected to be divided into two phases. The first is the construction of a 9.9-km underground section from Ben Thanh to Mien Tay Station which is slated to be built between 2025 and 2031. In the second phase, the project will focus on building the elevated section of 9.7 kilometres connecting Mien Tay Station and Tan Kien Depot from 2028 to 2034.
A representative from the HCM City Metropolitan Railway Management Board hoped that the recommendation will be submitted to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc after being considered by the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
HCM City has planned to build eight metro lines with a combined length of 230 kilometres. Among those, around 70% of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien route’s work has been completed. Meanwhile, the site clearance of Ben Thanh-Tham Luong metro project is being carried out for the construction scheduled to be kicked off in 2021 and completed in 2025.
- HCM City proposes international financial center project
- HCM City proposes an international financial centre
- HCM City to promote trade, investment in Germany’s Bremen state
- HCM City metro line to get more trains
- HCM City helping RoK businesses to tackle difficulties
- Over VND27 trillion sought for key roads leading to seaports in HCM City
- Six more metro trains to arrive in HCM City
- HCM City woos investors
- HCM City to try out public bicycle system from August
- HCM City works to attract investors
- Long Thanh Airport - a magnet for real estate investment in HCM City’s east
- HCM City approves two transport projects worth over VND12 trillion
HCM City proposes USD2.9-billion metro project have 313 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.