Born in Hanoi, Mao was a member of the Central Party Committee for five consecutive periods, member of the Standing Committee of National Assembly (NA) and member of the Constitution Amendment Committee 1992.He used to be the First Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh Youth Communist Union, Chairman of the NA’s Youth and Children Committee, Head of the National Assembly Office (1987-2002) and Chairman of the NA’s Foreign Affairs Committee. Mao retired in January 2008.Mao is credited for innovating the way the NA operates. Mao once said he “put his political career on the table to convince the National Assembly leaders to screen and broadcast live important meeting sessions of the assembly”.In 1994, an NA working session was broadcasted live for the first time thanks to Mao.Nowadays, the live broadcast of important NA activities has become a common thing, helping voters nationwide to directly follow them.
- Former Leeds United Chairman Bill Fotherby passes away
- Globally acclaimed Irish architect Kevin Roche passes away at age 96
- Respected CF campaigner passes away
- Paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren passes away at the age of 92
- Canadian model Stefanie Sherk passes away at the age of 37
- Liverpool legend Tommy Smith, 'The Anfield Iron', has passed away aged 74
- Fletch actor Larry 'Flash' Jenkins passes away at age 63
- Celtic's European Cup-winning hero in 1967, Stevie Chalmers, passes away
- Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew passes away at age 74
- Member of Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board's security team passes away after falling ill during Duncalk meeting
Former Chairman of National Assembly Office passed away at 81 have 262 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.