Five-month period sees FDI total hit US$13.9 billion (Photo: VNA) In total, the country granted investment licenses to 1,212 new projects capitalized at US$7.4 billion, a fall of 11.1% in terms of the number of projects, but a rise of 15.2% in capital. In addition, 436 existing projects registered to adjust their capital with an injection of US$3.5 billion, an increase of 31.4%. Moreover, the value of capital contributions and shares purchased by foreign investors reached approximately US$3 billion, representing a steep fall of 60.9%. Elsewhere, FDI disbursement throughout the reviewed period stood at an estimated US$6.7 billion, an annual decline of 8.2%. Most notably, the processing and manufacturing industry came first, attracting US$4.9 billion worth of new investment, making up 73.6% of the total, followed by sectors such as real estate, electricity distribution, gas, steam, and air conditioning. Globally, Singapore topped the list of 58 countries and territories currently investing in Vietnam with US$4.3 billion, followed by Taiwan (China) with a figure of US$743.2 million, and China with US$694.9 million. Elsewhere, the country’s total investment capital abroad throughout the reviewed period reached US$180.7 million, equivalent to 98.7% of the figure from last year’s corresponding period.
- FDI registration hits record high in Q1
- With oil’s help, University of Texas endowment hits $31 billion, passing Yale’s
- Aquatic exports likely to hit 10 billion USD in 2019
- Shell warns slowing global economy could hit $25 billion buyback timetable
- Textile and garments likely to hit 40 billion USD in exports this year
- Russia’s Gold Stockpiles Hit $100 Billion Amid Efforts to De-Dollarise Its Reserves
- PUBG Mobile hits $1 billion revenue
- Spider-Man: Far From Home is the latest Marvel movie to hit $1 billion at the box office
- 'MILF' porn star and her adult film director boyfriend are charged with sexually abusing a young girl under the age of 10 over a four-month period
- FDI inflows see on-quarter peak
Five-month period sees FDI total hit US$13.9 billion have 314 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.