The article said Vietnam has been loosening quarantine measures since late April. Patient 91, a 43-year-old British pilot, is on life support in a hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, and saving him has become a national priority. His condition deteriorated to the point that he was left with only 10-percent lung capacity. Canada’s Globe and Mail newswire has praised Vietnam’s COVID-19 fighting. (Photo for illustrastion: NDO) It stressed that Vietnam’s success was no accident. Its 1,450km border with China and frequent visitors from Wuhan, the site of the original outbreak in December and January, meant that Vietnam could have been overrun with cases. But it acted fast and did not wait for official warnings from the World Health Organization (WHO) before it closed its borders, locked down its economy and launched mass testing, tracing and quarantine measures. Guy Thwaites, a professor of infectious diseases and Director of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam, said the country swung into action early because it was well aware of the dangers of unchecked infectious diseases. In the past 20 years, it has suffered from outbreaks of SARS, avian influenza, measles, dengue fever and hand-foot-and-mouth disease, which attacks young children. “The… Read full this story
- Hull KR 18 Salford 19: Fights break out on the pitch as Hull relegated from Super League
- Canada's First Nations take pipeline fight to Supreme Court
- Has the blackface scandal hit Canada's election?
- Canada teenage fugitives admitted murders
- Canada's PM Trudeau in 2001 'brownface' photo
- The superpower fight for internet near the Arctic
- If the US election was like Canada's...
- Glow-in-the-dark coin marks Canada 'UFO' incident
- Five things to know about Canada's election
- First week of Canada election begins with a crash
Canada newswire: Vietnam – standard in COVID-19 fight have 297 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.