The People’s Court in the northern Vietnamese province of Son La on Friday sentenced 12 people to up to between 30 months of suspended sentence and 21 years in prison each for their roles in a cheating scandal in the 2018 National High School Exam that rocked the nation. Lo Van Huynh, a former head of testing and quality assurance under the provincial Department of Education and Training, got 21 years in jail — the heaviest sentence among the defendants. Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, a former official under Huynh, received 19 years and six months, while Cam Thi Bun Son, a former deputy head of politics and thoughts at the education department, was sentenced to ten years. All of them were found guilty of abuse of power and taking bribes. Tran Xuan Yen, a former deputy director of the Son La Department of Education and Training, and Dang Huu Thuy, a former vice-principal of To Hieu High School in the province, were sentenced to nine and eight years, respectively. Nguyen Thanh Nhan, a former deputy head of testing and quality assurance under the department, got 30 months behind bars, while Do Khac Hung and Dinh Hai Son, officials from the internal political security division under the provincial… Read full this story
- Indonesia postpones national exams due to COVID-19
- Indonesia cancels national exams, affecting more than 8 million students
- All people arriving in Vietnam must be quarantined: PM
- Coronavirus Australia: 12 people supposed to be self-isolating in Vic not home during checks, NSW first infrigements issued
- What we know about the Bay Area residents implicated in the college cheating scandal
- Everything We Know About Kevin Hart's Alleged Extortion Case and Cheating Scandals
- Khloé Kardashian Shares Daughter's Name Days After Giving Birth Amid Cheating Scandal
- Cheating Scandal at Columbia: No Problem!
- Jordyn Woods Modeled for Khloé Kardashian's Clothing Line Before Alleged Cheating Scandal
- Khloé Kardashian Says 'Stay Smiling' on 1-Year Anniversary of Tristan Thompson's Cheating Scandal
12 people handed sentences in Vietnam’s Son La Province for roles in national exam cheating scandal have 328 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.