Hai Phong (VNA) – The Vietnam – China fisheries inspection trip in the Gulf of Tonkin , the first of its kind this year, successfully wrapped up on April 23, as part of a plan to extend the bilateral fisheries cooperation agreement .
Joining the three-day trip were Vessels 8004 and 8003 from Vietnam’s Coast Guard High Command Region 1 and Vessels 4302 and 4204 from the Chinese Coast Guard.
It was the 19th joint trip covering nine points in the joint fishing area in the Gulf of Tonkin in line with the agreement signed by the Vietnamese and Chinese governments in 2000.
During the trip, both sides inspected and monitored fishing activities by fishermen, raised their awareness about the provisions on the operation and conduct in the sea, and disseminated relevant laws among them.
On the occasion, the Vietnam Coast Guard carried out a programme to support Vietnamese fishermen whose vessels are operating in the joint fishing areas.
Fishermen are asked to comply with the law.
Through monthly updates on vessels violating the agreement, the sides have bolstered communication work for fishermen, contributing to building the joint fishery areas in the Gulf of Tonkin into a region of peace, friendship and cooperation.
- The legal implications of Vietnam’s note verbale protesting China’s claims in relation to East Vietnam Sea
- Mekong Capital CEO: Vietnam to emerge as a world leader
- Vietnamese fishermen flock to sea despite China's ban
- Ministry: China’s suspension of fishing in Vietnam’s waters meaningless
- China’s suspension of fishing in Vietnam’s waters meaningless: Ministry
- China’s acts in East Sea against its 'peaceful rise' theory: pundit
- China’s suspension of fishing in Vietnamese waters meaningless: ministry
- PM approves resuming non-essential services as Vietnam shows bright signs in COVID-19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 14
- China furiously hits back at coronavirus cover-up claims with 11,000-word article quoting Lincoln after President Xi was accused of 'personally asking the WHO to hold back information and delaying the global response by four to six WEEKS'
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam could have lung transplant
- Vietnam can offer world lessons in COVID-19 containment
Vietnam – China fisheries inspection trip arrives at success have 345 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.