The aviation authority has proposed allowing carriers to increase flight frequency between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and resume air connection from these two cities to other domestic destinations.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has submitted to the Ministry of Transport a plan to resume flights from April 23 after the expiration of the social distancing extension. All domestic routes, except the Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh City – Danang routes, will be re-opened with limited frequency.
|Photo: Vietjet Air|
The agency has submitted the plan to re-open those routes from April 23 to 30. Accordingly, on the Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh City route, there will be 20 flights per day with Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air each permitted to operate six; and the rest of flights are distributed equally between Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways.
On Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City – Danang routes, Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air each will operate three flights per day, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways each with two flights per day.
In particular, each airline will operate one roundtrip flight per day for routes from Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City to other localities; four roundtrip flights per day on the Ho Chi Minh City – Con Dao route; one roundtrip flight per day for routes between localities excluding the Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City route.
The agency has also asked aviation businesses to continue implementing the government’s preventive measures. They are asked to keep implementing strictly measures on the disease prevention and control such as checking passengers' health at the airport, requesting online health declaration before the flight, refusing to transport passengers who are suspected of contracting the coronavirus, arranging seats on board in a way to ensure safe distance as regulated.
Crew including pilots, flight attendants and technical staff on all flights are equipped with protective medical equipment. Passengers traveling on the plane are required to wear face masks during the whole flight.
- S. African national carrier grounds all flights due to strike threat
- Vietnam aviation sector growth slows
- Vietnam Airlines set to add 230,000 extra seats for Tet holiday
- Vietnam airlines refuse to cut fares despite cheaper fuel, bigger revenue
- PMO calls urgent meeting on cash-strapped Jet Airways; all international flights cancelled till Monday
- Insiders appeal for tackling logistics bottlenecks in Vietnam
- Norwegian launches huge sale including flights to Orlando from £159.90pp
- Domestic airfares have increased by a whopping 20% in just three years – as airlines and airports bicker over who is responsible for the price hike
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific add 230,000 seats for Tet holiday
- Competition in Vietnam's airline industry set to intensify
- South African Airways Strike Sees Hundreds of Flights Canceled, Including New York, Washington, D.C.—How to Get Refund
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific add 230,000 seats for Tết holiday
Vietnam carriers to resume domestic flights from April 23 have 446 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.