In its statement, the U.S. Department of State said this incident is the latest in a long string of China’s actions in the East Sea amid the coronavirus pandemic. It urged China to instead focus on supporting international efforts to fight the global pandemic. Regarding this incident, a representative of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs had a meeting with a representative of the Chinese Embassy in Hanoi and presented a protest diplomatic note asking the Chinese side to investigate, clarify and strictly handle the civil servants and the Chinese coast guard vessel causing the incident, not to repeat similar actions, and at the same time adequately compensate for the losses of the Vietnamese fishermen. Medical staff on April 4 checked the body temperatures of rescued fishermen whose ship was sunk by a Chinese coast guard vessel two days earlier off the waters of Vietnam’s Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands. On April 3, Spokeswoman of the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry Le Thi Thu Hang quoted the country’s relevant agencies as reporting that the Vietnamese vessel, coded QNg 90617 TS, with eight fishermen on board, was fishing near Phu Lam Island of Vietnam’s Hoang Sa (Paracel) Islands on April 2 when a Chinese… Read full this story
- A pressing need for a coherent UNSC approach to Libya
- Battles between Gadhafi loyalists and rebels widen across Libya
- Turkey’s ruling AKP party has history of links to Islamist groups
- German foreign minister urges continuation of Mideast peace process
- EU Leaders to Hold Bird Flu Crisis Talks
- Donald Trump: Why he's the 'King of Israel'
- Israel's election: Why Donald Trump is the 'King of Israel'
- +++ US fires cruise missiles on Syria - live updates +++
- Media bias a problem in Ukraine reporting
- Austria asks EU for 600 million euros to cover refugee costs
U.S. voices serious concern over East Sea situation have 310 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.