Russian President Vladimir Putin signed on Wednesday into federal law a bill enabling the cabinet to declare a nationwide state of emergency in the country.
The document was published on the official legal information portal.
The president also signed into laws bills on fines for people violating quarantine amid the coronavirus pandemic, fines for spreading false information about COVID-19, as well as a bill facilitating the allocation of budget funds for the coronavirus fight in 2020. The new law enables such allocations without any need to introduce amendments to the budget.
“The situation in our country is becoming more complicated. And in the world the situation with the coronavirus is very complicated — 850,000 people are already sick,” Putin said during a video call with the cabinet on Wednesday, as aired by Russia-24 broadcaster.
Also, Mr Putin discussed with the Cabinet the situation concerning thousands of Russian citizens currently stranded abroad due to suspended air traffic between the countries.
Over 825,000 people have arrived in Russia from abroad since March 11, and 20,000 more persons are expected to arrive since they face difficulties with receiving medical assistance abroad, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday.
“You have just said that almost all the cases, with only very rare exceptions, are either imported or contact — due to contacts with people who have arrived from abroad. Since Mach 11, 2020, 825,031 persons have arrived in the country. This is a high number,” Putin told the Russian cabinet.
Over 20,000 people are expected to arrive in Russia, he added.
“According to the reports that I have, many of our citizens who are residing abroad are returning to their motherland. It seems it is not so easy for them to receive medical assistance in the places of their permanent residence outside the Russian Federation. But this means a certain burden for us,” the president said.
MORE TO FOLLOW
- President Abdulla Yameen declares state of emergency in Maldives citing threat to national security
- Nigeria: El-Rufai Signs Law On Child Welfare, Protection
- Arizona Tinder Fire: Coconino County officials declare state of emergency
- Gender Law enables 'citizens to decide' from the age of 16
- Gambia’s president declares state of emergency
- President Koroma declares State of Emergency in Sierra Leone
- Putin Signs Internet Libel Bill Into Law
- The Moscow times: Vladimir Putin Signs Internet Libel Bill Into Law
- President of Sri Lanka declares state of emergency
- Gov. Scott declares state of emergency in Orlando
- Poroshenko signs law to step up border crossing rules, incl. 10-year travel ban
- Power-mad Putin ‘plotting to build naval base in east Africa near key Suez trade route in muscle flexing with West’
Putin Signs Law Enabling Cabinet to Declare State of Emergency have 419 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.